As a Host Committee Member, you’ll be responsible for one or more of the following (i) food & beverage procurement (ii) auction item procurement (iii) ticket sales and guest outreach (iv) acquiring corporate sponsors (v) general organization and event coordination. Above all you’ll be in charge of making sure the event is an overall success. If you think you have a fantastic network of friends, know individuals and organizations willing to support our cause and /or have exemplary planning and organization skills – this position is for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a great cause. Anyone participating will have the opportunity to continue their involvement with Brighter Children. Additionally, in exchange for your assistance, you will receive a complimentary ticket to the benefit, an awesome Brighter Children T-shirt, and a recommendation with statement of contribution for any school or job application.
- Work alongside the front-line events team to plan and organize the annual benefit which will be held in October 2016
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss and brainstorm strategies to ensure the event is a success
- Assist the Promotions Coordinator in developing and executing marketing, fundraising and / or ticket sales strategies
- Coordinate event logistics, timelines and schedules
- Coordinate event activities including invites, event setup and visual merchandising
- Expect to volunteer 2-5 hours per week
- Living or working in the greater New York City area
- Relevant fundraising or event planning experience
- Outstanding communication skills and organization skills
- Working in a team based environment to support the overall needs and goals of the events department and the organization as a whole
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it
- Drive and sophistication, excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the events department and the organization as a whole
- Above all, you know how to have a good time