The Visual Design Lead will guide all efforts related to Brighter Children visual media, from web design to infographic and video production. They will also help to create brand guidelines for the team at-large.
Working internally and with our partner organizations, the VDL will use industry-standard design tools to craft a visual message that communicates the mission and results of the organization. The VDL will provide visual consistency across all Brighter Children media in both digital and physical settings.
- You will work alongside the marketing team to lead visual Brighter Children storytelling in digital and physical formats
- You will work with the wider Brighter Children team to establish consistent visual brand guidelines
- You will work with our school partners to organize high-quality images and videos
- You will create content for our owned media channels, including the Brighter Children website
- Great design skills (layout, interface, typography, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress), preferably in a design field
- Living in the greater New York City area
- Ability to collaborate well with others
- Fluency in tools for visual and graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and InDesign)
- Foundational photo/video experience — After Effects experience preferred
- Strong organization and communication skills
- A passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it